Rosebud Economic Development Corporation
D Brown Library
October 23, 2017
1. Call to order
President Wallace called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM
2. Roll Call
At the time the meeting was called to order, there was a quorum present including Carson Wallace, Wayne Wilson, Judge Whitfield, Diana Miles, Debra Kimble, and Martha Westerman. Sherri Humphrey was not present.
3. Certify Posting
Carson verified with the secretary that the agenda was posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
4. Introduction of guests
Tiffani Murray Terry Kimble
5. Approval of Minutes and Treasurer’s Report
As of September 30, 2017
Incommons Bank $187,227.50
Classis Bank $76, 801.98
Sales Tax $3,376.50
With a motion by Diana and a 2nd by Judge, the vote was unanimous to accept the reports as presented.
6. Approval of Report of Bills – Paid and Unpaid
7. Discussion and/or action regarding RBEG Grants and subsequent loans – old & new
Tiffani Murray representing Kent Cultivation requested a loan for $75,000 for the purchase and renovation of the property located at 413 W Main for business expansion. With a motion by Wayne and a 2nd by Diana, the vote was unanimous to approve a loan for $75,000 for a term of 15 years to Kent Cultivation for business expansion. This will go to City Council.
Rosebud Auto remains delinquent and the City Attorney is drafting a letter. Other loans are current.
8. Discussion and/or action regarding future EDC projects
9. Discussion and/or action regarding marketing Rosebud and the advertising budget
10. Real Estate/Business/EDC Regional/City of Rosebud Updates/Upcoming Events
October 31 – Halloween on Main St. Blue Santa Kickoff
11. Set date and time for the November 2017 meeting
November 27, 2017 6:00 PM D Brown Library
With a motion by Debra and a 2nd by Diana, the vote was unanimous to adjourn the meeting at 6:45 PM
Carson Wallace, EDC President Martha Westerman, EDC Secretary
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer